From: KLEIN Stéphane on
Hi,

Today, I've show this static web site generating tools writed in ruby :

* http://webgen.rubyforge.org/index.html
* http://nanoc.stoneship.org/about/
* http://webby.rubyforge.org/tutorial/

I like this tools, I'm wonder if there are similar tools in Python ?

I know Sphinx, but this tools is oriented documentation.

Thanks for your information,
Stephane

From: Stefan Behnel on
KLEIN St�phane, 09.03.2010 09:30:
> Today, I've show this static web site generating tools writed in ruby :
>
> * http://webgen.rubyforge.org/index.html
> * http://nanoc.stoneship.org/about/
> * http://webby.rubyforge.org/tutorial/
>
> I like this tools, I'm wonder if there are similar tools in Python ?

Here's a still incomplete but not so short list of web frameworks in Python:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

You might be interested in the templating frameworks if all you want is
generate static pages.

Stefan

From: John Nagle on
The HTMLTemplate module is useful for static web page generation.
It doesn't do much. It's not a "content management system".
If you just need to generate a page with some data items filled in, it's fine.
If you need more than that, there are bigger packages, but they have more
baggage.

John Nagle