From: francogrex on
Terry Reedy wrote:
>As other have said, mostly, but I would change the following...

Thanks for all those who replied. I know these are not all the features but
some of them and again this is not a comparison but a little taste of what
python offers today, and the replies were very informative. By the way Peter
Norvig is not biased, he works for Google research and is a supporter of
programming in any language, especially in Python.

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro on
In message <i2gujh$sl3$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, francogrex wrote:

> By the way Peter Norvig is not biased, he works for Google research and is
> a supporter of programming in any language, especially in Python.

Bias doesn't have to be a conscious thing.
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/25/2010 11:02 AM, francogrex wrote:
> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> As other have said, mostly, but I would change the following...
>
> Thanks for all those who replied. I know these are not all the features but
> some of them and again this is not a comparison but a little taste of what
> python offers today, and the replies were very informative. By the way Peter
> Norvig is not biased, he works for Google research and is a supporter of
> programming in any language, especially in Python.

Had I known the table was headed with "Python for Lisp programmers", I
would have responded differently - but you chose to hide that ;-)
From: Mithrandir on