From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David Kaye wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Why would you mention it was a Linux web host? That has nothing to
>> do with a PDF file some webmaster put there for you to download.
>
> Why did the machine allow an infected pdf to be transferred?

See my detailed answer in the other thread you also posed the question:
"Windroids without a life" in alt.comp.anti-virus

--
-bts
From: Dustin Cook on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in news:hjl0t2$6dh$3
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Why would you mention it was a Linux web host? That has nothing to do
>>with a PDF file some webmaster put there for you to download.
>
> Why did the machine allow an infected pdf to be transferred?

C'mon. It's really not upto the server imho, whether a file or whatever
should be monitored for things of that nature. In some cases, you don't
want the server doing anything aside from serving up material.

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.