From: "Ford, Mike" on

Sort of.

> <?php
>
> foreach($_REQUEST as $key => $val) {
> $$key = $val;
> echo $key . ": " . $val . "<br>";
>
> if ( $val == "Array" ) {

I would prefer to use is_array() here:

if (is_array($val))

> $i=0;

At this point, you've just proved that $val is an array (whichever test you use!), so simply foreach it like one. I know you know how to do that as you did it with $_REQUEST above!

> foreach ($val) {
> echo "$val[$i]<br>";
> $i++;
> }

foreach ($val as $option) {
echo "$option<br />\n";
}

> }
> }
>
> ?>

Cheers!

Mike
--
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,

From: tedd on
At 4:54 PM -0400 6/29/10, Ron Piggott wrote:
>I am trying to process a form where the user uses checkboxes:
>
><input type="checkbox" name="painDesc[]" value="1" />Sharp
><input type="checkbox" name="painDesc[]" value="2" />Stabbing
><input type="checkbox" name="painDesc[]" value="3" />Jabbing
>
>When I do:
>
>foreach($_REQUEST as $key => $val) {
> $$key = $val;
> echo $key . ": " . $val . "<br>";
>}
>
>The output is:
>
>painDesc: Array
>
>I need to know the values of the array (IE to know what the user is
>checking), not that there is an array. I hope to save these values to the
>database.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Ron

Ron:

Try this:

http://php1.net/b/form-checkbox/

If you want the form to retain the values, try this:

http://php1.net/b/form-checkbox1/

Cheers,

tedd
--