From: anup on
Please send me the answer. I am facing the same problem.

Thanks in advance..

v-jzh wrote:

Hello Scott, To communicate effectively, I have sent you an email about this
31-Oct-08

Hello Scott,

To communicate effectively, I have sent you an email about this issue. I
have also attached a working sample on my side related to the Publisher
Policy. If the issue still persists, please feel free to contact me with
emails. I will try my best to follow up.

Best regards,
Ji Zhou (v-jzho(a)online.microsoft.com, remove 'online')
Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:21 PM
snorber wrote:

Publisher Policy - 80131040
Publisher policies sound just like what I need but I just can't get these
things to work. There are several good kb articles that seem to show exactly
what needs to be done....

Here is my publisher file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="JusticeLink"
publicKeyToken="6db63116f81a4445"
culture="neutral" />
<!-- Redirecting to version 3.3.0.0 of the assembly. -->
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.3.0.0"
newVersion="3.4.0.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Here is the assembly linker statement:
REM --- Link Policy
al /link:Publisher.config /out:Policy.3.3.JusticeLink.dll
/Keyfile:\Code3\NorSoftKey.snk /version:3.4.0.0

I previously created a small test app using version 3.3.0.0 and it works.

I installed the policy in the GAC ==>gacutil /i policy.3.3.JusticeLink.dll

then I removed the 3.3.0.0 version and installed the 3.4.0.0 version.

Now the test app no longer works and I get a long error:

LOG: User = NORSOFT\SNORBERG
LOG: DisplayName = JusticeLink, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=6bd63116f81a4445
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Code3/bin/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : TestPolicy32, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Publisher policy file is found at
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Policy.3.3.JusticeLink\3.4.0.0__6bd63116f81a4445\Publisher.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: JusticeLink, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=6bd63116f81a4445
LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Code3/bin/JusticeLink.DLL.
LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file:
C:\Code3\bin\JusticeLink.dll
LOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.
LOG: Assembly Name is: JusticeLink, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=6bd63116f81a4445
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Minor Version
ERR: The assembly reference did not match the assembly definition found.
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing
terminated.

==========================
A couple of things I noticed is when I install the new policy in the GAC the
version is 0.0.0.0, so I put the version option in the assembly linker for
3.4.0.0. None of the kb articles I saw used that /version option so I am
guessing this has something to do with it.

This is on a vista64/ultimate system using VS2008. All programs are C# as
ANY CPU. Culture and options all seem to match up.

So I am at a loss. Any ideas?
--
Scott Norberg

On Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:15 AM
v-jzh wrote:

Hello Scott, This is a quick note to let you know I am still doing some more
Hello Scott,

This is a quick note to let you know I am still doing some more researching
on this issue and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for
your patience.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Ji Zhou (v-jzho(a)online.microsoft.com, remove ??online.??)
Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

On Friday, October 31, 2008 2:55 AM
v-jzh wrote:

Hello Scott, To communicate effectively, I have sent you an email about this
Hello Scott,

To communicate effectively, I have sent you an email about this issue. I
have also attached a working sample on my side related to the Publisher
Policy. If the issue still persists, please feel free to contact me with
emails. I will try my best to follow up.

Best regards,
Ji Zhou (v-jzho(a)online.microsoft.com, remove 'online')
Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx