From: ME1977 on
Hi all
I've written an assembly optimized program . it is fir filter . Always its
input is constant but sometimes its output is not correct.
I think that all things is correct .
can anyone help me?
Thank you very much

From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

ME1977 wrote:

> Hi all
> I've written an assembly optimized program . it is fir filter . Always its
> input is constant but sometimes its output is not correct.
> I think that all things is correct .
> can anyone help me?
> Thank you very much

On some other day, I would write something slighting about you. But,
since today is a ThanksGiving, I wish you a happy holiday.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

From: Phil Martel on

"ME1977" <esmaili.majid(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I've written an assembly optimized program . it is fir filter . Always its
> input is constant but sometimes its output is not correct.
> I think that all things is correct .
> can anyone help me?
> Thank you very much

Start by sending in a string of 0's. If your FIR is N terms long, after N
0's the FIR should put out 0's. Then send in a single 1 followed by (N-1)
0's. Your output should be the coefficients of the FIR.

If it passes these tests, the FIR basicaly works. Then you just have to
make sure that the the inputs you give it do not cause an arithmetic
overflow.

Best wishes,
--Phil

From: ME1977 on

>"ME1977" <esmaili.majid(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I've written an assembly optimized program . it is fir filter . Always
its
>> input is constant but sometimes its output is not correct.
>> I think that all things is correct .
>> can anyone help me?
>> Thank you very much
>>

>Start by sending in a string of 0's. If your FIR is N terms long, after
>0's the FIR should put out 0's. Then send in a single 1 followed by
(N-1)
>0's. Your output should be the coefficients of the FIR.
>
>If it passes these tests, the FIR basicaly works. Then you just have to

>make sure that the the inputs you give it do not cause an arithmetic
>overflow.
>
> Best wishes,
> --Phil

Hi
I know that FIR basicaly works. I created a loop that iterates 100 times
.
99 times FIR output is correct and 1 times is incorrect .
I've tested all things , FIR coeff , .... all things were correct .
I didn't find bug .
I have another assembly optimized program . it is a logical function .
sometimes this bug appears in this function .
I guess that it is a random bug .
Thanks
From: Rune Allnor on
On 29 Nov, 08:13, "ME1977" <esmaili.ma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >"ME1977" <esmaili.ma...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi all
> >> I've written an assembly optimized program . it is fir filter . Always
> its
> >> input is constant but sometimes its output is not correct.
> >> I think that all things is correct .
> >> can anyone help me?
> >> Thank you very much
>
> >Start by sending in a string of 0's.  If your FIR is N terms long, after
> >0's the FIR should put out 0's.  Then send in a single 1 followed by
> (N-1)
> >0's.  Your output should be the coefficients of the FIR.
>
> >If it passes these tests, the FIR basicaly works.  Then you just have to
> >make sure that the the inputs you give it do not cause an arithmetic
> >overflow.
>
> >   Best wishes,
> >   --Phil
>
> Hi
> I know that FIR basicaly works. I created a loop that iterates 100 times
> .
> 99 times FIR output is correct and 1 times is incorrect .
> I've tested all things , FIR coeff , .... all things were correct .
> I didn't find bug .
> I have another assembly optimized program . it is a logical function .
> sometimes this bug appears in this function .
> I guess that it is a random bug .

Then find out how the error behaves. Does it reappear if
you run a failing filter again, using the same data and
coeffcients? If so, debug that particular situation. If not,
look for noise sources and / or hardware errors that influence
internal states of the registers.

Rune