From: ryanb on
yes it is an aspire, it is an acer 5536 aspire model. I just choose to ignore
the update from windows update each time.

regards

ryan

From: jes on
I have had the same problem with my Acer Aspire 5735-4774 laptop. Update
fails even though my driver shows in Device Manager as 4/21/2009 and the
Update version is 5/31/2009. The only thing I have seen like this was when I
tried to fix my non functional usb card reader. Acer tech and I finally
figured out that you had to shut off Restore Point in order to make the
driver 'take', then turn restore back on. If your wireless is working ok, I
say the hell with it.

jes