From: Rich on
I would like to build an audit trail into a spreadsheet so that anyone who
opens the file is is logged in a worksheet with user name and time stamp.
What's the easiest / best way to achieve this?

--
Rich
http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk

From: ozgrid.com on
Look into Track Changes in the Excel Help.

Or, for a VBA method;
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/track-changes.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Mike H on
Rich,

Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code
below in on the right. It uses a worksheet called "Audit"

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim LastRow As Long
Set sht = Sheets("Audit")
LastRow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
sht.Cells(LastRow, 1) = Environ("Username")
sht.Cells(LastRow, 2) = Now
End Sub

--
Mike

question.

From: Mike H on
Hi,

In case the user doesn't save it may be a good idea to save it with the
openers username by making this the last line in the code

ActiveWorkbook.Save
--
Mike

question.

From: Chip Pearson on

See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/TrackingWorkbookOpens.aspx .

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:42:09 +0100, "Rich"
<REPLACEWITHrich(a)richdavies.com> wrote:

>I would like to build an audit trail into a spreadsheet so that anyone who
>opens the file is is logged in a worksheet with user name and time stamp.
>What's the easiest / best way to achieve this?

Pages: 1
Prev: Cell Referencing
Next: Autofilter header row