From: N_Cook on
Nasty cosmetic mark on the casing. Looks as though it had some sort of tape
stuck to it and whatever normal cleaning chemical, does not shift the
patches of discoloration of the anodised? silver-grey matt finish. I don't
think the underlying metal is aluminium or brass, maybe stainless steel,
certainly stained now. I tried light brushing with a bronze wire brush in a
Dremmel on a small part and seems to have reduced the effect but still
there, any ideas of cause , materials and any cure?
While at it is B,M,S on the filter switch , German for Bass,Middle Treble, -
Bass , Mitte,Sopran ?

From: Tim Schwartz on
On 6/7/2010 7:21 AM, N_Cook wrote:
> Nasty cosmetic mark on the casing. Looks as though it had some sort of tape
> stuck to it and whatever normal cleaning chemical, does not shift the
> patches of discoloration of the anodised? silver-grey matt finish. I don't
> think the underlying metal is aluminium or brass, maybe stainless steel,
> certainly stained now. I tried light brushing with a bronze wire brush in a
> Dremmel on a small part and seems to have reduced the effect but still
> there, any ideas of cause , materials and any cure?
> While at it is B,M,S on the filter switch , German for Bass,Middle Treble, -
> Bass , Mitte,Sopran ?

Is the Mic a D1000E?

--Tim

From: Dave Plowman (News) on
In article <huiknn$c9v$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
N_Cook <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote:
> Nasty cosmetic mark on the casing. Looks as though it had some sort of
> tape stuck to it and whatever normal cleaning chemical, does not shift
> the patches of discoloration of the anodised? silver-grey matt finish.

Many including me have 'non removable' self adhesive labels on their mics
to help prevent theft. As well as engraving.

> I don't think the underlying metal is aluminium or brass, maybe
> stainless steel, certainly stained now.

I'm sure there are options, but many of the older pro ones are brass.
Satin chrome or whatever plated.

> I tried light brushing with a bronze wire
> brush in a Dremmel on a small part and seems to have reduced the effect
> but still there, any ideas of cause , materials and any cure? While at
> it is B,M,S on the filter switch , German for Bass,Middle Treble, - Bass
> , Mitte,Sopran ?

Not come across this - is there a model number anywhere? More common is a
high pass filter - perhaps with two frequencies - and a switchable
attenuator. But AKG make mics for all purposes.

--
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist

Dave Plowman dave(a)davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
From: Adrian C on

> Many including me have 'non removable' self adhesive labels on their mics
> to help prevent theft. As well as engraving.

Choice of engraving?

"This microphone has been stolen from DP,
If you are not he please give it back?"

--
Adrian C
From: Dave Plowman (News) on
In article <8747c4FkbnU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Adrian C <email(a)here.invalid> wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 13:22, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> >
> > Many including me have 'non removable' self adhesive labels on their
> > mics to help prevent theft. As well as engraving.

> Choice of engraving?

> "This microphone has been stolen from DP,
> If you are not he please give it back?"

;-)

Just my house number and postcode. And course I keep a note of the serial
numbers.

--
*Husbands should come with instructions