From: Brian on
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a
combo box.

Combo Box Name is Address_21
Text Box Name is City_1

My code is as follows:

'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office

Private Sub ShowCity_1()
Dim Address_21 As Variant
Dim City_1 As Variant

If UserForm1.Address_21 = "2306 Long Green Court" Then UserForm1.City_1
= Valrico
If UserForm1.Address_21 = "3440 Oakcliff Road" Then UserForm1.City_1 =
Atlanta
If UserForm1.Address_21 = "7015 East 14th Aveneue" Then UserForm1.City_1
= Tampa
If UserForm1.Address_21 = "3890 Oakcliff Industrial Court" Then
UserForm1.City_1 = Atlanta
If UserForm1.Address_21 = "1800 Taylor Drive" Then UserForm1.City_1 =
Gastonia

End Sub

What did i do wrong or miss?
From: B Lynn B on
Enclose each city name in double quotation marks. Otherwise VBA thinks
you're refering to a variable.

From: Brian on
I changed the city name to the following. When I go to the combo box and
choose my Address nothing happens. I missed something.

"Valrico"
"Atlanta"
"Tampa"
"Atlanta"
"Gastonia"

From: B Lynn B on
Sorry, I should have looked more closely at everything that was going on. I
just quickly scanned and identified the most obvious thing that jumped out at
me.

Paste the following into your userform code.

Private Sub Address_21_Change()

Select Case Address_21
Case ""2306 Long Green Court"
City_1 = "Valrico"
Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road"
City_1 = "Atlanta"
Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue"
City_1 = "Tampa"
Case "1800 Taylor Drive"
City_1 = "Gastonia"
End Select

End Sub

From: B Lynn B on
Oops, I see that I missed one of the combos. Or maybe got them mixed up.
But you get the drift and can correct as needed.

Another thought would be to employ the combo box Column property to load and
retrieve the associated city value that way. Go read the help entry on the
subject for further inspiration in that direction.