From: Arno R on
Hi all,

Is there a possibility to auto-restart an application (e.g. when an error occurs ??)
Explanation:
I have a unattended application (24 x 7) that reads Outlook data every x minutes and presents these data on a screen.
Sometimes an error occurs (Msgbox) and the application just waits until someone hits OK .
Sometimes a restart is necessary...

A solution would be when this application would restart by itself when an error occurs.
I would then log the err-messages in a logfile but I don't need /want any user intervention to restart.

Any ideas?
BTW this is Access 2003

Regards, Arno R

From: paii, Ron on

"Arno R" <arracomn_o_s_p_a_m(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a possibility to auto-restart an application (e.g. when an error
occurs ??)
> Explanation:
> I have a unattended application (24 x 7) that reads Outlook data every x
minutes and presents these data on a screen.
> Sometimes an error occurs (Msgbox) and the application just waits until
someone hits OK .
> Sometimes a restart is necessary...
>
> A solution would be when this application would restart by itself when an
error occurs.
> I would then log the err-messages in a logfile but I don't need /want any
user intervention to restart.

> Any ideas?
> BTW this is Access 2003
>
> Regards, Arno R

Don't display the message box or use a form with a timer event instead of
the built-in message box.

From: Arno R on

"paii, Ron" <none(a)no.com> schreef in bericht news:hmob0c$vld$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

> "Arno R" <arracomn_o_s_p_a_m(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a possibility to auto-restart an application (e.g. when an error
> occurs ??)
>> Explanation:
>> I have a unattended application (24 x 7) that reads Outlook data every x
> minutes and presents these data on a screen.
>> Sometimes an error occurs (Msgbox) and the application just waits until
> someone hits OK .
>> Sometimes a restart is necessary...
>>
>> A solution would be when this application would restart by itself when an
> error occurs.
>> I would then log the err-messages in a logfile but I don't need /want any
> user intervention to restart.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> BTW this is Access 2003
>>
>> Regards, Arno R
>>

> Don't display the message box or use a form with a timer event instead of
> the built-in message box.

Thanks for your answer Ron
I will go for the timer-form.

Regards, Arno R