From: Very Basic User on
Hello All,

I have a spreadsheet that automatically sorts catagories by largest loss or
lowest # in another column. My original data is not sorted in the same way,
so when I compare the two, they are miss matched, this is improtant because I
can't change the order of the column that is now arrainged from largest loss
and I wind up having to hunt for the same description on the other list. Can
I copy the sorted column and then have excel automaticall order my original
list to match how the list is arrainged in the new column?
--
Thank you for your time!
John
From: Squeaky on
Hi Basic,

If your 2nd spreadsheet can pull the data and sort it, why don't you have
that second spreadsheet pull all of the infomation relating to that
description?

If any of the data in the second spreadsheet is unique, you can use Vlookup
formulas to pull the rest.

There are other options too. Let me know the size of the first spreadsheet
and if the information on the second spreadsheet is unique. In otherwords if
you have two amounts that are the same, how do you "know" who the owner is?
Also, are these spreadsheets in the same workbook?

Squeaky.

"Very Basic User" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that automatically sorts catagories by largest loss or
> lowest # in another column. My original data is not sorted in the same way,
> so when I compare the two, they are miss matched, this is improtant because I
> can't change the order of the column that is now arrainged from largest loss
> and I wind up having to hunt for the same description on the other list. Can
> I copy the sorted column and then have excel automaticall order my original
> list to match how the list is arrainged in the new column?
> --
> Thank you for your time!
> John

Pages: 1