From: Faraz Ahmed Qureshi on
I have VB Studio 2008 + Excel 2007 on my system. Any idea or source of
detailed info as to how to create a simple UDF like
=AddTwoNumbers(Number1,Number2) which after I create and install via an addin
would recognize the same in the excel like a native function. In other words,
I could be able to use the same in Conditional Formatting and the same
appears when I only insert an "=A" in a cell in the list of available
functions?

Have tried many sources and sites. The function is created like a simple
UDF, Auto mation AddIn but does not provide the facility of autocompletion
and / or being used in primitive features of Excel especially like
Conditional Formatting.
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!
From: Subodh on
On May 24, 10:34 pm, Faraz Ahmed Qureshi
<FarazAhmedQure...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have VB Studio 2008 + Excel 2007 on my system. Any idea or source of
> detailed info as to how to create a simple UDF like
> =AddTwoNumbers(Number1,Number2) which after I create and install via an addin
> would recognize the same in the excel like a native function. In other words,
> I could be able to use the same in Conditional Formatting and the same
> appears when I only insert an "=A" in a cell in the list of available
> functions?
>
> Have tried many sources and sites. The function is created like a simple
> UDF, Auto mation AddIn but does not provide the facility of autocompletion
> and / or being used in primitive features of Excel especially like
> Conditional Formatting.
> --
> Thanx & Best Regards,
>
> Faraz!

http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/1d6f73d1361e002f
Try this link.
I think you need this.
And, as far as i know this site, its does not responses always to your
question.
Sometimes, what you write in the description matters if it is worth to
attract those who can give an idea.
From: Peter T on
Not sure why but it doesn't seem to be possible to UDFs from an Automation
addin in CF formulas. I get "you cannot use references to other worksheets
for CF criteria" even if no other references are involved.

As for the autocomplete, I find if I use the Register method in this link
not only will you get the autocomplete list in 2007 (not earlier versions)
but also function descriptions

http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/RegisterUDF01.asp

I think I and others have suggested that you look into this approach several
times. The demo is for use in a vba addin, bit with a bit of adapting it
will work in an automation addin.

Regards,
Peter T

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" <FarazAhmedQureshi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:490379A3-C148-4DE2-AF4F-43F99B282C1F(a)microsoft.com...

From: Faraz Ahmed Qureshi on
No doubt the same file has been referred quite a lot of times however, the
problem is that what I require is a proper structure and knowledge of code
specially with respect to Visual Studio 2008 for an Excel Addin.

Thought that maybe I could overcome the limitation of use of UDFs in CF

--
Thanx anyway buddy,

Faraz!