From: Steve Sanford limbim53 at yahoo dot on
OK, now I need to get my head around *when* you add the new week
records........

> Here is a sample of a few records for the data - The mainform is just Week
> End date so pretty self explanitory there - thinking would have the List box
> instead of combo box of who to sched. on that mainform like have now
>
> For subform
> Man Name,Job#,Name(actually job name),Date(which is Week End Date),
> > > Workdate,Day,ST(for hours in straight time),OT,DT,ActualRate - there are more
> Smith, Rick ;80140020 ;The Legacy at Millennium Park; 9/6/09; 8/31/09;Mon;
> 8;other hours for overtime double time are blank, $28.20
> Smith, Rick 90170054 Outdoor Pipe at 1060 Northpoint 9/6/09; 9/1/09 Tues 8
> $28.20
> Smith, Rick 80140020 The Legacy at Millennium Park 9/6/09; 9/2/09Wed 8
> $28.20
> Smith, Rick 80140014 Wheaton College Warrior Dome 9/6/09; 9/3/09Thur 8
> $28.20
> Smith, Rick 80140014 Wheaton College Warrior Dome 9/6/09; 9/4/09Fri 8
> $28.20

Given the records above, I think the main form table already has 9/6/2009
entered.

So do you want to select 9/6/2009 in the main form, have a new record
entered in the main form with a date of "9/13/2009" , THEN find everyone that
worked on 9/4/2009 and enter records in the table "TimeCardMDJEFF" for the
dates 9/7/2009 thru 9/11/2009?

Which brings up another question: do you want {Mon thru Fri} or {Mon thru
Sat}??

--
Steve S
--------------------------------

From: babs on
You have the TimecardMdJeff table correct!

What is the name of the main form table? WeekEndDate

Is the main form recordsource a query? No it is just a table for the Week
End Date - ie. just 52 records for one year. The combo box on the main for
is not bound and just set up for now to list Available people to schedule
when click on them - would like to be able to insert their 6 new records
based on the previous week.

For next post - we schedule Sunday night or very early Sunday morning.

thanks again for helping ! would love some code to help with your above
ideas - it is really what I would like to have happen.
Barb

From: Steve Sanford limbim53 at yahoo dot on
Barb,

> Is the main form recordsource a query? No it is just a table for the Week

I would recommend using a query for the main form record source. A table is
just a bucket the you put data into; it is not guaranteed to be in any order,
whereas a query is sortable.

I have 98% of the code done. I have a pretty good idea of what you want
done, but I don't know *how* you do it.

Let's say you have one worker "Bob".
Bob worked 9/14 - 9/18/2009.
NO records have been entered for the week 9/21 - 9/25/2009. (Week ending 9/26)
And let's say today is Sun. 9/20/2009.

So, my questions are:

- Is 9/27/2009 already entered in the main form? (do you pre-enter sundays
for the year?)

- Do you want to select 9/20/2009 in the main form and have the code enter
records for 9/21 - 9/25 (9/27 must already be entered in the main form)

- Do you want to select 9/20/2009 in the main form and have the code enter
the next sunday date (9/27), then have the code enter the records for the
week 9/21 - 9/25?

- Do you want to enter 9/27 in the main form, then select it and have the
code enter the new records for 9/21 - 9/25?

I'm looking for how you manually add records now.

HTH
--
Steve S
--------------------------------

From: babs on

<- Is 9/27/2009 already entered in the main form? (do you pre-enter sundays
for the year?)

They can be pre entered but for now they are not(actually not using this yet
- still developing obviously)
It is all in Excel for now - each worksheet Tab is a new Week end - the user
just copies and pastes the last job done from previous week and pastes it
into the new worksheet for new Week End.

<Do you want to enter 9/27 in the main form, then select it and have the
code enter the new records for 9/21 - 9/25?

This is what the code is doing now - when 9/27/09 for week End (puts in
9/21-9/26)is entered on the main form and they click on the Add 6 records
button from the Main button- see Previous posts it - it grabs the man name
they have in the drop down list on main and add the 6 records with the date
for that one person -(like what you said on previous post) -to have
option(maybe one button for Add all who were scheduled prev week(Fri-or
anyday last week), and have the option also to add additional people with the
dropdown (like presently doing)

thanks soo much !
Barb

From: babs on
Steve,
this was what you stated before and this is what I would love - Also I think
the Insert 6 record button (code in previous posts)I have on the main form
with the man name combo box would take care of inserting the records - for a
New man not sched. last week.

Your prev. post
If I understand correctly, if there were two workers (Perl and Earl), you
would want to:

1) look at the previous friday's schedule
2) insert 6 records (Mon - Sat) records for this week's jobs for Perl and
3) insert 6 records (Mon - Sat) records for this week's jobs for Earl

If there were 10 workers on the previous friday, you would want 60 records
entered??

Thanks sooo much for still helping would love to get it done Before Thurs.
if possible.

Barb