From: Curt on
I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new data that
I get from a seprate file. Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2" "sheet3"
and so on.

My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that lies
in these 7 inputs sheets. Currently, I use copy, paste special to update
sheets 1-7 in my template.

Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the move
7 sheets from my other file in my template. If I do this, the sheets will
show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3 (2)"
and so worth.

Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data from
"sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets. Once
that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3 (2)"
and so on?

thanks!

Curt J
From: Dianne on

Curt;700343 Wrote:

I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new
data that
> I get from a seprate file. Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2"
"sheet3"
> and so on.
>
> My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that
lies
> in these 7 inputs sheets. Currently, I use copy, paste special to
update
> sheets 1-7 in my template.
>
> Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the
move
> 7 sheets from my other file in my template. If I do this, the sheets
will
> show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3
(2)"
> and so worth.
>
> Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data
from
> "sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets.
Once
> that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3
(2)"
> and so on?
>
> thanks!
>
> Curt J

Do you change the data or add new data. If you change the data, "paste
link" and it will automatically change each time to update. If you add
new data, copy the cells and "paste link" into the template.
Right click sheet1(2), click delete.

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Curt on
I want to change the data each time.

I know how to do it manually, but I'd like a macro that automates the process.

From: Dianne on

Curt;701063 Wrote:

I want to change the data each time.

> I know how to do it manually, but I'd like a macro that automates the
process.

> "Curt" wrote:
>
> > I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new
data that
> > I get from a seprate file. Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2"
"sheet3"
> > and so on.
> >
> > My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that
lies
> > in these 7 inputs sheets. Currently, I use copy, paste special to
update
> > sheets 1-7 in my template.
> >
> > Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to
the move
> > 7 sheets from my other file in my template. If I do this, the sheets
will
> > show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)",
sheet3 (2)"
> > and so worth.
> >
> > Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data
from
> > "sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets.
Once
> > that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)",
sheet3 (2)"
> > and so on?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Curt J

If you change the data, you paste it as a link once, it will then
automatically change to the new data in the other file.