From: JH on
I have a workbook with macros that was developed using Excel 2000. It has
been working fine.
Recently, I have Excel 2003 installed in addition to Excel 2000. So there
are two versions of Excel on my computer.
Now when I open this workbook. I received an error message:

Runtime error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its client.

And Excel freezes.
Is having two versions of Excel causes this problem?
Can someone please help me resolve this?
Thanks!
JH

From: Jim Cone on
I run three versions of Excel on my machine without problems.
(though, I don't have xl 2003)

Each version should be installed in a separate folder and only
one version should be open at any time.
Also, do you have code in the workbook.open event?
If so, that could be contributing to the problem.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

From: JH on
There is a work book open() event in Thisworkbook.
But what I noticed is when I open this file using Excel 2003, the problem
does not replicate. I can not explain what happened. I am now suspecting
somehow the necessary dll "went" over to the newer version. So using the
newer version resolve the problem.

JH

"Jim Cone" wrote:

> I run three versions of Excel on my machine without problems.
> (though, I don't have xl 2003)
>
> Each version should be installed in a separate folder and only
> one version should be open at any time.
> Also, do you have code in the workbook.open event?
> If so, that could be contributing to the problem.
> --
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, USA
> http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
>

> "JH" <JH(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
> I have a workbook with macros that was developed using Excel 2000. It has
> been working fine.
> Recently, I have Excel 2003 installed in addition to Excel 2000. So there
> are two versions of Excel on my computer.
> Now when I open this workbook. I received an error message:
>
> Runtime error -2147417848 (80010108)
> Automation Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its client.
>
> And Excel freezes.
> Is having two versions of Excel causes this problem?
> Can someone please help me resolve this?
> Thanks!
> JH

Pages: 1
Prev: Pivot Tables