From: Simon on
Hi There,

I must have something a little wrong with my postfix config?? When someone
sends a email to me as part of a BCC email (leaving the TO field blank) the
TO field comes up as - To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@
mail-in1.ourdomain.com>.

Any idea on what i have incorrect or how to fix this would be greatly
appeciated!

Thanks

Simon
From: Noel Jones on
On 3/30/2010 2:40 PM, Simon wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I must have something a little wrong with my postfix config?? When
> someone sends a email to me as part of a BCC email (leaving the TO field
> blank) the TO field comes up as - To:
> <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mail-in1.ourdomain.com
> <http://mail-in1.ourdomain.com>>.
>
> Any idea on what i have incorrect or how to fix this would be greatly
> appeciated!

What do you think is should say?

Have you looked at
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#undisclosed_recipients_header

-- Noel Jones

From: Simon on
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

> On 3/30/2010 2:40 PM, Simon wrote:
>
>> Any idea on what i have incorrect or how to fix this would be greatly
>> appeciated!
>>

> What do you think is should say?
>
> Have you looked at
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#undisclosed_recipients_header
>
> -- Noel Jones

I guess I was thinking that i didnt want our mailname in the to field. Some
customers ring up "I dont know why, but its got your domain in the TO
field"?
From: Noel Jones on
On 3/30/2010 3:25 PM, Simon wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org
> <mailto:njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org>> wrote:
>
> On 3/30/2010 2:40 PM, Simon wrote:
>
> Any idea on what i have incorrect or how to fix this would be
> greatly
> appeciated!
>

> What do you think is should say?
>
> Have you looked at
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#undisclosed_recipients_header
>
> -- Noel Jones
>

> I guess I was thinking that i didnt want our mailname in the to field.
> Some customers ring up "I dont know why, but its got your domain in the
> TO field"?

Ok. Please see:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#undisclosed_recipients_header

Either leaving undisclosed_recipients_header at its default
value by removing it from your main.cf, or explicitly setting
it empty should fix the problem.

-- Noel Jones

From: Simon on
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

> Ok. Please see:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#undisclosed_recipients_header
>
> Either leaving undisclosed_recipients_header at its default value by
> removing it from your main.cf, or explicitly setting it empty should fix
> the problem.
>
> -- Noel Jones

Thanks for the reply Noel... ive done this and we are still getting it in
the two field. However - i think this is our internal exchange server that
our external postfix server is rounting to that is doing it. And in thinking
about it, I dont know why i didnt think of this before. DOH!.

Simon