From: Mojo on
Hi All

Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today. I am trying to fathom stuff
myself, but I'm on a hot streak of doing stuff today, but at the same time
hitting a few brickwalls.

Basically I have created a background image and applied to my MS Word
template, eg Format / Background / Fill Effects and selected my pic from in
there, and when I'm editing my template I see the bg image no probs.

However when I call a copy of this template via my VB6 app, all of the text
appears but my background image doesn't appear.

If I go back to the template the image is still there, but for some reason
my 'copies' don't get the image. I'm using Word 2003 is this a common
problem?

Is there a way round it?

Thanks

Mojo

From: MikeD on

"Mojo" <please(a)dont.spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today.

Nothing wrong with asking multiple questions. The "problem" is that most of
them aren't really relevant to VB6. They are questions about the Word object
model, so really, Word programming. Using the Word object model is no
different in VB6 than it is in any other COM-enabled language (other than
minor difference such as how you create the objects). The simple fact that
you're using VB6 doesn't make them VB6 questions. The people who are going
to be able to help you the most are those that frequent the Word newsgroups,
not the VB newsgroups.

Unless your question is *specifically* about VB6, you should limit the
newsgroups you're posting to the microsoft.public.word.vba.* ones. Post your
questions that *are* specifically about VB6 to microsoft.public.vb.* (and
the enterprise group? probably shouldn't bother with that one at all as I
don't think it gets hardly any traffic).

Hope this helps out some.

--
Mike