From: Arlene on
I am using Excel 2007. Everytime I open an Excel file and save it to my
desktop - it creates a backup file on my desktop. I have read the other
postings and I don't see anywhere where i can turn this feature off! any help
appreciated.
From: Dave Peterson on
This is a workbook by workbook setting.

Open one of the offending workbooks
Show the SaveAs dialog
click on Tools|general options|uncheck that "always create backup" checkbox.

You're seeing *.xlk files on the desktop, right???

If this is an important file, you may decide that it's easier to delete that
backup file than to take a chance that you destroy the workbook without a
backup.

--

Dave Peterson