From: Henry on
Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM.

I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm
looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate
isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than
when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't
have all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder
pairs for each folder.

If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to
be able to have the program run and only change the folders/files that
have changed since the last time I backed up.

Thanks

Henry
From: Bob CP on
On 7/31/2010 5:24 PM, Henry wrote:
> Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM.
>
> I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm
> looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate
> isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than
> when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't have
> all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder pairs for
> each folder.
>
> If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to be
> able to have the program run and only change the folders/files that have
> changed since the last time I backed up.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry
Among others...

http://xxclone.com/
From: Pooky on
I have good experiences with this program :)

http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm

From: Gerald Ross on
Henry wrote:
> Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM.
>
> I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm
> looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate
> isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than
> when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't
> have all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder
> pairs for each folder.
>
> If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to
> be able to have the program run and only change the folders/files that
> have changed since the last time I backed up.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

Perfect Disk works for me.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A computer's attention span is as long
as it's power cord.

From: Gerald Ross on
Gerald Ross wrote:
> Henry wrote:
>> Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM.
>>
>> I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm
>> looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate
>> isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than
>> when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't
>> have all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder
>> pairs for each folder.
>>
>> If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to
>> be able to have the program run and only change the folders/files that
>> have changed since the last time I backed up.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Henry
>
> Perfect Disk works for me.

Duh! Meant Acronis.