From: Srinivas on
Sir,

I have created a database in msaccess 2003, in form i want to create a
button and after clicking button backup should done automatically or a window
should open showing place of location it is saving and file name with backup
date)
--
srinivas
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 03:34:01 -0700, Srinivas
<Srinivas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

That is not easy, because a file should not be backed up while it is
in use. Typically we backup files at night, while nobody is in the
database, using a backup program or script that runs automatically.
You do need to split your database in front-end and back-end.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Risse on

"Srinivas" <Srinivas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:D0662718-49B7-462D-9A50-AC6C0BDDE9D5(a)microsoft.com...

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Srinivas <Srinivas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sir,
>
>I have created a database in msaccess 2003, in form i want to create a
>button and after clicking button backup should done automatically or a window
>should open showing place of location it is saving and file name with backup
>date)

When the user exits the FE attempt to rename the backend MDB
preferably with todays date in the name in yyyy-mm-dd format. Ensure
you close all bound forms, including hidden forms, and reports before
doing this. If you get an error message, oops, its busy so don't
bother. If it is successful then compact it back.

See my Backup, do you trust the users or sysadmins? tips page for more
info.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/backup.htm

Tony
--