From: Sachin Sant on
Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>> With today's next(20100709) qeth interface fails to initialize
>> with following Badness message:
>>
>> sysfs: symlink across ns_types 0.0.6000/net:eth0 -> net/eth0
>>

> Is this with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED set?
>
> I think I may have made my warning check a little extra strict.

Yes.

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y

Thanks
-Sachin

From: Martin Schwidefsky on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:28:18 -0700
Greg KH <greg(a)kroah.com> wrote:

> >> Is this with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED set?
> >>
> >> I think I may have made my warning check a little extra strict.
> >>
> > Yes.
> >
> > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
> > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y
>
> Why do you have those options enabled? Does your userspace really
> require them? I want to remove those options soon, and it would be good
> to find out what is still relying on them.
>
> If you disable those options, does it then work?

The default configuration for s390 does not have the options enabled and
with a recent userspace everything works just fine. From my point of view
the two options can be removed.

--
blue skies,
Martin.

From: Sachin Sant on
Greg KH wrote:

>>> Is this with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED set?
>>>
>>> I think I may have made my warning check a little extra strict.
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
>> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y
>>

> Why do you have those options enabled? Does your userspace really
> require them? I want to remove those options soon, and it would be good
> to find out what is still relying on them.
>
> If you disable those options, does it then work?

Not sure when and why i enabled these options.

Without them i don't see any problem (including the badness).

Thanks
-Sachin

From: Greg KH on
On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 05:33:26PM +0200, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:28:18 -0700
> Greg KH <greg(a)kroah.com> wrote:

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
> > > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y
> >
> > Why do you have those options enabled? Does your userspace really
> > require them? I want to remove those options soon, and it would be good
> > to find out what is still relying on them.
> >
> > If you disable those options, does it then work?
>
> The default configuration for s390 does not have the options enabled and
> with a recent userspace everything works just fine. From my point of view
> the two options can be removed.

Wonderful, thanks for letting me know.

Sachin, care to disable them in your image as well?

thanks,

greg k-h