From: David Miller on
From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet(a)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:23:32 +0100

> I wonder which workload triggers this...
>
> If you disable syncookies, I presume you dont have warnings ?

Haven't tried, will do that.

All I do is receive email on this thing, but as you can
guess I'm a popular spam target, so lots of random sites.

From: Eric Dumazet on
Le 14/12/2009 20:11, David Miller a �crit :
> From: John Dykstra <john.dykstra1(a)gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:57:13 +0000
>
>> That test was changed to match a change in the return values of
>> tcp_ack(). No logic change was intended.
>
> As Eric pointed out, changing tcp_ack()'s behavior effects state
> transitions out of SYN_ACK, so this commit is very likely the culprit.
>
> I usually see 2 or 3 three of these bug triggers in the first ten
> minutes after bootup and I haven't seen one yet in 20 minutes
> with the commit reverted.
>
> This change is definitely wrong.

Hmm, I didnt yet spotted the problem, just gave some hints ...

From: Eric Dumazet on
Le 14/12/2009 20:16, David Miller a �crit :
> From: David Miller <davem(a)davemloft.net>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:11:05 -0800 (PST)
>
>> I usually see 2 or 3 three of these bug triggers in the first ten
>> minutes after bootup and I haven't seen one yet in 20 minutes
>> with the commit reverted.
>
> Nevermind, I take that back, I just got two triggers :-/

ok :)

More investigation needed :)

From: David Miller on
From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet(a)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:23:32 +0100

> If you disable syncookies, I presume you dont have warnings ?

It happens even with syncookies disabled, hmmm...
From: David Miller on
From: David Miller <davem(a)davemloft.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:35:22 -0800 (PST)

> From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet(a)gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:23:32 +0100
>
>> If you disable syncookies, I presume you dont have warnings ?
>
> It happens even with syncookies disabled, hmmm...

FWIW, I'm starting to bisect this.