From: Paul on
------=_Part_32764_7182803.1190329769040

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I do not now if this e-mail is sent to the right person, but I would like
> appoint to one thing concerning open office base. I'm using Access because
> can established links to the SQL and Oracle data base (links to tables, to
> be more precise) and to issue reports.
> This possibilities I can not find in Open Office Base. That is one of the
> major reasons way I can not use Open Office regularly. I'm still trying,
> because I accept the philosophy of open source project.

OOo BASE plays very nicely with a range of database server software. I've
tried it with MS SQL server as well as mySQL, and there are options within
BASE for Oracle, MS Access, and pretty much any other database that can be
connected to using ODBC or JDBC...

More understanding of your exact problem would be appreciated to find out if
there is something else that you are trying to do...

Also Spreadsheet can not calculate same as Excel if there are more that
> 40.000 rows. I think that this is very important for most of the users,
> because we can finally transfer from Microsoft Office to Open Office.

Currently in calc you can have up to 65536 rows. Unsure where you get the
40,000 rows from. Can you explain a little more about what you are meaning
or what you are trying to do, we can work it out from there...

/paul

--
Processing Key for cracking HD DVD's:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

------=_Part_32764_7182803.1190329769040--
From: Sigrid Kronenberger on
Hello Goran,

Am Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:01:09 +0200
schrieb "Goran Ilievski" <Goran(a)mileniumkg.com.mk>:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I do not now if this e-mail is sent to the right person, but I would
> like to appoint to one thing concerning open office base. I'm using
> Access because I can established links to the SQL and Oracle data
> base (links to tables, to be more precise) and to issue reports.
> This possibilities I can not find in Open Office Base. That is one of
> the major reasons way I can not use Open Office regularly. I'm still
> trying, because I accept the philosophy of open source project.

You can use Base as a GUI for connecting to an existing database like
Oracle. You just have to "register" this database in Base first before
you can use it.

I'm no expert in databases, but I'm sure, you'll find some helpful
informations on the openoffice.org documentation website or on
oooauthors.

see http://documentation.openoffice.org/
and http://www.oooauthors.org/

> Also Spreadsheet can not calculate same as Excel if there are more
> that 40.000 rows. I think that this is very important for most of the
> users, because we can finally transfer from Microsoft Office to Open
> Office.

Hm, I don't understand what you mean. Which version are you using?
The most current version is 2.3. Calc has the same number of rows like
Excel (65536). So what are you complaining about? If you discovered an
issue, please describe it in more detail and enter it in IssueZilla, so
that the developers can have a look at it.

BTW, your questions belong to users(a)openoffice.org, since this list is
for general discussions only.

Please answer to the list only.

Sigrid

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org