From: Patriot on
What Im trying to do is use par2 to create some restore files and have a
zenity progress bar as it does it. Sounds simple but doesnt want to work
for me. I already have the syntax for creating the rar files and it works
fine.

(rar a -v30000 $arch $up) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
--title="Newsposter" \
--text="Creating Archive Files..." \
--percentage=0 \
--auto-close \
--pulsate

This above produces the rar files and shows a progress bar using zenity.

However, I cannot get par2 to work with the same setup.

(par2 c -u -r10 $up.par2 *.rar) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
--title="Newsposter" \
--text="Creating Archive Files..." \
--percentage=0 \
--auto-close \
--pulsate

I get a quick flash of the progress bar on my screen and no par2 files
are created. Anyone that can help I sure would appreciate it.

patriot
From: Patriot on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:19:57 -0600, Patriot wrote:

> What Im trying to do is use par2 to create some restore files and have a
> zenity progress bar as it does it. Sounds simple but doesnt want to work
> for me. I already have the syntax for creating the rar files and it
> works fine.
>
> (rar a -v30000 $arch $up) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
> --title="Newsposter" \
> --text="Creating Archive Files..." \
> --percentage=0 \
> --auto-close \
> --pulsate
>
> This above produces the rar files and shows a progress bar using zenity.
>
> However, I cannot get par2 to work with the same setup.
>
> (par2 c -u -r10 $up.par2 *.rar) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
> --title="Newsposter" \
> --text="Creating Archive Files..." \
> --percentage=0 \
> --auto-close \
> --pulsate
>
> I get a quick flash of the progress bar on my screen and no par2 files
> are created. Anyone that can help I sure would appreciate it.
>
> patriot

I solved my own problem:

(par2 c -u -r10 test.par2 *.rar) | zenity --progress \
--title="Newsposter" \
--text="Creating Archive Files..." \
--percentage=0 \
--auto-close \
--pulsate

Now I have to get it to work in my script.

patriot
From: Patriot on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:00:40 -0600, Patriot wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:19:57 -0600, Patriot wrote:
>
>> What Im trying to do is use par2 to create some restore files and have
>> a zenity progress bar as it does it. Sounds simple but doesnt want to
>> work for me. I already have the syntax for creating the rar files and
>> it works fine.
>>
>> (rar a -v30000 $arch $up) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
>> --title="Newsposter" \
>> --text="Creating Archive Files..." \
>> --percentage=0 \
>> --auto-close \
>> --pulsate
>>
>> This above produces the rar files and shows a progress bar using
>> zenity.
>>
>> However, I cannot get par2 to work with the same setup.
>>
>> (par2 c -u -r10 $up.par2 *.rar) | 2>&1 zenity --progress \
>> --title="Newsposter" \
>> --text="Creating Archive Files..." \
>> --percentage=0 \
>> --auto-close \
>> --pulsate
>>
>> I get a quick flash of the progress bar on my screen and no par2 files
>> are created. Anyone that can help I sure would appreciate it.
>>
>> patriot
>
> I solved my own problem:
>
> (par2 c -u -r10 test.par2 *.rar) | zenity --progress \
> --title="Newsposter" \
> --text="Creating Archive Files..." \
> --percentage=0 \
> --auto-close \
> --pulsate
>
> Now I have to get it to work in my script.
>
> patriot

This is weird. I guess my problem is still there. The zenity menu comes
up but par2 doesnt create the par2 files. Command line for par2 runs fine
by itself but as soon as I send it to zenity it doesnt work.

Any thoughts??