From: Durga D on
Hi All,

I am new to python based application developement. I am using
Windows XP.

1. Can I create desktop application (just hello world program) with
Python
language like exe in VC++?

2. If First statement is Yes, Can I include this application with
my
existing setup(assume 10 MB) for windows?

3. If Second statement is Yes, What will be the setup size?

Thank in advance.

Regards,
Durga.

From: Jean-Michel Pichavant on
Durga D wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to python based application developement. I am using
> Windows XP.
>
> 1. Can I create desktop application (just hello world program) with
> Python
> language like exe in VC++?

yes
http://www.py2exe.org/
> 2. If First statement is Yes, Can I include this application with
> my
> existing setup(assume 10 MB) for windows?

you mean include it in a windows installer ? If so yes.
> 3. If Second statement is Yes, What will be the setup size?
>

> Thank in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Durga.

JM
From: Durga D on
Hi JM,

Thanks alot for your prompt response.

If I include into windows setup, what will be setup size (assume
before include 10 MB)? i mean, python supporting dlls/libs size for
python exe.

Regards,
Durga.

From: kevinlcarlson on
On Jul 30, 6:55 am, Durga D <durga.d...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JM,
>
>    Thanks alot for your prompt response.
>
>    If I include into windows setup, what will be setup size (assume
> before include 10 MB)? i mean, python supporting dlls/libs size for
> python exe.
>
> Regards,
> Durga.
>
> On Jul 30, 6:04 pm, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...(a)sequans.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Durga D wrote:
> > > Hi All,
>
> > >   I am new to python based application developement. I am using
> > > Windows XP.
>
> > >   1. Can I create desktop application (just hello world program) with
> > > Python
> > > language like exe in VC++?
>
> > yeshttp://www.py2exe.org/>   2. If First statement is Yes, Can I include this application with
> > > my
> > > existing setup(assume 10 MB) for windows?
>
> > you mean include it in a windows installer ? If so yes.
>
> > >   3. If Second statement is Yes, What will be the setup size?
>
> > >   Thank in advance.
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Durga.
>
> > JM

I use Pyinstaller with good results. The Python runtime dll is about
two megs, plus a few others depending on what imports you are using.
For example, using wxPython to create a Windows app will add several
files totaling several megs. You can then simply copy the
distribution file directory to the target machine, or use any good
installer software.

http://www.pyinstaller.org/