From: KristleBawl on
F. Reeware expressed an opinion:
> Best Free E-book Reader ?
>
> (Q)
> What we are looking for in a laptop/desktop e-reader:
>
> 1. Must be free and be able to import user libraries.
>
> 2. It must save the current selected book and it�s bookmark
> automatically when the app is closed and open back up to the same spot
> when the app is re-launched.
>
> 3. It must have an easy file manager for locating user books and
> preferably support multiple formats.
>
> 4. It must support different font sizes and if pdf is supported, zoom
> +/- on pdf.
>
> 5. It must be stable software. I�ve seen crashes where it I�ve lost my
> bookmark, page jumps of 10 when it should have been just one page,
> pages corrupted a ways into a book and even truncated books because a
> particular reader couldn�t handle the file size. None of the ones
> below have these issues.
> (/Q)
>
> http://infinitespectra.com/blog/?p=327]
>
> 6. Portable. ?
>
> F. Reeware

I'm glad they included the Firefox add-on, EPUBReader, which I use.

Because there is a portable Fx, the add-on is portable, too. Plus, it's
easy to import/export titles to/from USB devices. The only downside is
that you're limited to EPUB format.

--
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. - Mark Twain
KristleBawl's Taglines by Tagzilla 0.066.2
From: poutnik on
In article <i37t6p$aip$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, F.Reeware2010
@invalid.invalid says...

> Best Free E-book Reader ?

It is wrong question, should be
"What e-book reader fits these criteria the best ?"

--
Do you know what is difference
between Windows versions and guided missiles ?