From: anthony on
I've used this forum several times to solve XP probs and found the
people here extraordinarily helpful in ironing out my special (often
self-caused) bugs.
Now I've moved to Windows 7 Ultimate and am wondering if anyone can
suggest a similar Google-accessible newsgroup which could be similarly
useful. I've tried the moderated group just called 'windows 7' but get
the idea that no-one there really knows the system in-depth the way
people here understand XP.
Best wishes
From: Bruce Hagen on

"anthony" <anthonyjhcnospam(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
> I've used this forum several times to solve XP probs and found the
> people here extraordinarily helpful in ironing out my special (often
> self-caused) bugs.
> Now I've moved to Windows 7 Ultimate and am wondering if anyone can
> suggest a similar Google-accessible newsgroup which could be similarly
> useful. I've tried the moderated group just called 'windows 7' but get
> the idea that no-one there really knows the system in-depth the way
> people here understand XP.
> Best wishes

There is the alt.windows7.general newsgroup available with some news
servers, but it is far from moderated. MS is moving towards forums and
although I prefer Usenet myself, IMO the best Win7 answers can be found in
this moderated forum here.

Microsoft Answers Windows 7 Forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: anthony on
On Mar 29, 3:40 pm, "Bruce Hagen" <B...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> "anthony" <anthonyjhcnos...(a)netscape.net> wrote in message

> > I've used this forum several times to solve XP probs and found the
> > people here extraordinarily helpful in ironing out my special (often
> > self-caused) bugs.
> > Now I've moved to Windows 7 Ultimate and am wondering if anyone can
> > suggest a similar Google-accessible newsgroup which could be similarly
> > useful. I've tried the moderated group just called 'windows 7' but get
> > the idea that no-one there really knows the system in-depth the way
> > people here understand XP.
> > Best wishes
>
> There is the alt.windows7.general newsgroup available with some news
> servers, but it is far from moderated. MS is moving towards forums and
> although I prefer Usenet myself, IMO the best Win7 answers can be found in
> this moderated forum here.
>
> Microsoft Answers Windows 7 Forums:http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
> --
>            Bruce Hagen