From: Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio on
Hi all.

I know, maybe I'm just lazily speculating, but I'm curious about what's
next, in python, when GvR will stop the moratorium and will let changes in
the language.

I don't know what to expect... some syntax sugar about concurrent
programming? static types? an erlang-style "bang" (!) process message
passing?

--
By ZeD

From: Stefan Behnel on
Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio, 12.08.2010 08:49:
> I know, maybe I'm just lazily speculating, but I'm curious about what's
> next, in python, when GvR will stop the moratorium and will let changes in
> the language.
>
> I don't know what to expect... some syntax sugar about concurrent
> programming? static types? an erlang-style "bang" (!) process message
> passing?

One of the reasons the moratorium was established was to reduce the time
spent in overly speculative discussions about various features that will
most likely not end up in the language anyway. Also note that your examples
above span both the language and the stdlib, which are put under different
constraints by the moratorium.

Stefan

From: Ben Finney on
Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio <zak.mc.kraken(a)libero.it> writes:

> I know, maybe I'm just lazily speculating, but I'm curious about
> what's next, in python, when GvR will stop the moratorium and will let
> changes in the language.

Subscribe to the 'python-ideas' forum for the latest pie-in-the-sky
discussions about how to change Python, including the occasional
contribution from GvR on ideas that take his interest.

--
\ “In the long run, the utility of all non-Free software |
`\ approaches zero. All non-Free software is a dead end.” —Mark |
From: John Roth on
On Aug 12, 1:22 am, Ben Finney <ben+pyt...(a)benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio <zak.mc.kra...(a)libero.it> writes:
>
> > I know, maybe I'm just lazily speculating, but I'm curious about
> > what's next, in python, when GvR will stop the moratorium and will let
> > changes in the language.
>
> Subscribe to the ‘python-ideas’ forum for the latest pie-in-the-sky
> discussions about how to change Python, including the occasional
> contribution from GvR on ideas that take his interest.
>
> --
>  \              “In the long run, the utility of all non-Free software |
>   `\      approaches zero. All non-Free software is a dead end.” —Mark |
> _o__)                                                    Pilgrim, 2006 |
> Ben Finney

You might also want to look at PEP 3152, which was just posted.

John Roth