From: Bret Cahill on
This is kind of the reverse of cold fusion where they were having
trouble detecting the temperature of something they were claiming
might provide useful amounts of mechanical shaft work:

> 21" OD riser would have a fluid velocity of 1.07 mph at 50,000 bbl/day
> leakage (the consistent real world value).

You cannot even swim that fast yet you think it would be difficult to
detect 200 lb mass/sec?

Are you this stoopid in real life or are you just pulling our legs?

The janitor who can clean the poop you just smeared all over yourself
does not exist.

Bret Cahill

From: Bret Cahill on
> 21" OD riser would have a fluid velocity of 1.07 mph at 50,000 bbl/day
> leakage (the consistent real world value).

http://www.gesensing.com/products/resources/brochures/xmt868.pdf

Clamp on available (non invasive)

< 0.13 mph resolution (0.5% error; full scale = 40 ft/sec)

Good to 3000 psi or 6100 feet below sea level

Hydrocarbon fluids

Ain't no janitor can clean up the poop the idiot above smeared all
over himself.

Of course, we already knew his response was stoopid because he cannot
even swim 1 mph yet he thinks that speed would be difficult to
measure.

Bret Cahill

From: pamela on
Bret Cahill wrote:
>> 21" OD riser would have a fluid velocity of 1.07 mph at 50,000 bbl/day
>> leakage (the consistent real world value).
>
> http://www.gesensing.com/products/resources/brochures/xmt868.pdf
>
> Clamp on available (non invasive)
>
> < 0.13 mph resolution (0.5% error; full scale = 40 ft/sec)
>
> Good to 3000 psi or 6100 feet below sea level
>
> Hydrocarbon fluids
>
> Ain't no janitor can clean up the poop the idiot above smeared all
> over himself.
>
> Of course, we already knew his response was stoopid because he cannot
> even swim 1 mph yet he thinks that speed would be difficult to
> measure.
>

> Bret Cahill

Stupid ? ? ?

This is the pot calling the kettle black.
From: spudnik on
I'd like to hear more about Halliburton's engineering;
is this really a Dark Art?... following, about a popular and
superefficient use of oil.

Dear Editor;
The staff report on plastic bags, given when SM considered a ban,
before, refused to list the actual fraction of a penny, paid for them
by bulk users like grocers & farmers at markets. Any rational EIR
would show that, at a fraction of a gram of "fossilized fuel (TM)"
per bag, a)
they require far less energy & materiel than a paper bag, and b)
that recycling them is impractical & unsanitary, beyond reusing the
clean
ones for carrying & garbage. (Alas, the fundy Greenies say that
the bags are not biodegradeable, but everyday observation shows,
they certainly don't last very long.)

As I stated at that meeting, perhaps coastal communities *should* ban
them -- except at farmers' markets -- because they are such efficient
examples of "tensional integrity," that they can clog stormdrains by
catching all sorts of leaves, twigs & paper. But, a statewide ban is
just too much of an environmental & economic burden.

--Stop British Petroleum's capNtrade rip-off;
tell your legislators, a tiny tax on carbon could achieve the result,
instead of "let the arbitrageurs/hedgies/daytrippers make
as much money as they can on CO2 credits!"
http://wlym.com
From: krw on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:32:14 -0500, pamela <bicycleguy123(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Bret Cahill wrote:
>>> 21" OD riser would have a fluid velocity of 1.07 mph at 50,000 bbl/day
>>> leakage (the consistent real world value).
>>
>> http://www.gesensing.com/products/resources/brochures/xmt868.pdf
>>
>> Clamp on available (non invasive)
>>
>> < 0.13 mph resolution (0.5% error; full scale = 40 ft/sec)
>>
>> Good to 3000 psi or 6100 feet below sea level
>>
>> Hydrocarbon fluids
>>
>> Ain't no janitor can clean up the poop the idiot above smeared all
>> over himself.
>>
>> Of course, we already knew his response was stoopid because he cannot
>> even swim 1 mph yet he thinks that speed would be difficult to
>> measure.
>>

>> Bret Cahill
>

>Stupid ? ? ?
>
>This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Truer words have never been spoken.