From: Martin DeMello on
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM, John W Higgins <wishdev(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you running a web server on this system? Does firefox return anything
> for http://localhost:80 ? If so then that is the problem - you will need to
> change the port in the example from 80 to something else. I might have
> misread your issue last night. So if you changed the proxy's port from 80 to
> lets say 82 then look at http://localhost:82 you should be getting the
> response from the proxy.

Also note that if you do not run the proxy as root, it will not be
able to listen on any port lower than 1024

martin

From: John Yuan on
Dear Mr.Martin DeMello.

I was happened to be root so I did not have that problem, but I was not
aware of the point you posted. I would be easily mistaken. I will pay
more attention for handling&choosing the port.

Thank you for your remark.

John

From: John Yuan on
Dear John W Higgins,

> Are you running a web server on this system?

Yes, you are right. I was running Apache2 and after stopping Apache2,
em-proxy example works fine.

Now I do not know how to route the packet from this proxy to specified
NIF ( say, ppp1 ). I expected to be able to set em-proxy something like
Squid proxy server;

Squid setting
http_port 0.0.0.0:81
acl localhost81 src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255:81
tcp_outgoing_address ppp1_ip localhost81

I'm not sure if the above is correct for Squid or need additional route
setting, but what I need is that em-proxy specify outgoing ip to route
the packet to specified NIF.

Would you tell me if it's the correct direction and if so, how can I
set these settings on em-proxy ?

Thank you very much.

John