From: SG Hurst SG on
I am trying to stop others from saving a file under a different name. Is it
possible?
From: Dave Peterson on
Not really.

Users can copy the file using windows explorer. And anything I could do to make
sure that it's where it's supposed to be (and named correctly) would rely on
macros. And macros can be disabled.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Bob I on
Perhaps "hide" everything in the file, and then have auto-open macro
check file name and location, if success, unhide?

From: Dave Peterson on
Perhaps...

But if the user has to update the file and then save it, you'd have to
complicate matters (a whole lot) by saving the file with all that stuff hidden.

And with the protection that's offered by both worksheet and workbook protection
(tools|protection type), it's still not too secure.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jim Thomlinson on
Saving, copying and everything else to do with storing or deleting files is
handled by your operating system. XL really has no say in the matter.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson