From: Coolm on
Hello all,
Is there any util like iptables + xt_owner to block access to port to
given user? Iptables block packets flow. I want to achive effect like
this: There will be error if user with id=1000 want bind to port, e.g.
netcat -l -p 12345 return error similar to one if we want access to
privileged ports. Thanks in advance.
--
Best regards,
- Matthew Pa�osz
From: Pascal Hambourg on
Hello,

Coolm@x a �crit :
> Is there any util like iptables + xt_owner to block access to port to
> given user? Iptables block packets flow. I want to achive effect like
> this: There will be error if user with id=1000 want bind to port, e.g.
> netcat -l -p 12345 return error similar to one if we want access to
> privileged ports. Thanks in advance.

Iptables is a packet filter and won't do anything if no packet is
transmitted. I guess it is possible to use a security framework such as
SELinux to control access to the network sockets.