From: jjlindula on
Hello, I've been using the AT49BV040B flash as the boot device for
TS201 dsp on my board. I just learned that the AT49BV040B will be
obsolete soon and I was wondering what other are using. The best thing
about the AT49BV040B device was the driver code was provided by ADI in
the Visual DSP+++ example directory. If I could find another device
that operated the same it would save me from having to modify the
flash driver program.

If anyone could suggest another device or know what ADI plans to use
in their future kits please let me know.

Thanks,
joe
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

jjlindula(a)hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello, I've been using the AT49BV040B flash as the boot device for
> TS201 dsp on my board. I just learned that the AT49BV040B will be
> obsolete soon and I was wondering what other are using. The best thing
> about the AT49BV040B device was the driver code was provided by ADI in
> the Visual DSP+++ example directory. If I could find another device
> that operated the same it would save me from having to modify the
> flash driver program.
> If anyone could suggest another device or know what ADI plans to use
> in their future kits please let me know.

It's hard for me to understand how people can program complex processors
like TigerShark while such basic thing as writing a flash EEPROM driver
is a problem for them.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com