From: mha on
I am running the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool from my Windows XP, and I
get the following message when I want to create a DOS startup disk :
"Missing location of DOS system files. DOS system files need to be provided
to make the specified device DOS-bootable"

From: Richard Urban on
You can't as Windows XP doesn't have any DOS mode. You "can" boot up from a
genuine Windows XP CD and go to the repair console, which will allow you to
do a limited amount of maneuvers.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B(a)stard :-)

From: Geoffw on
get them off a win98 boot disk

From: george on
If you have a floppy drive, get a diskette and format it in XP Explorer and
don't forget to check "Create an MS-DOS startup diskette".
Now when running the HP format utility point it to this floppy for MS-DOS
files.
Works a treat.
Just tried it.

george

From: Opinicus on
"george" <anonymous(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> If you have a floppy drive, get a diskette and format it
> in XP Explorer and don't forget to check "Create an MS-DOS
> startup diskette".
> Now when running the HP format utility point it to this
> floppy for MS-DOS files.
> Works a treat.
> Just tried it.

Will this method allow you to access a hard disk that's
formatted NTFS after you've booted from the USB device?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com