From: Sam Przyswa on
Hi,

Is it possible to accept and send in a default mail adddress all the
mail rejected for User unknown ?

Thanks for your help.

Sam.

From: /dev/rob0 on
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:47:45AM +0100, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Is it possible to accept and send in a default mail adddress all the
> mail rejected for User unknown ?

Commonly referred to as a "catchall address", this is a bad idea. It
*will* be abused by spammers, and it must be monitored to be sure
that small typoes do not cause lost mail.

For local(8) delivery, see:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#luser_relay
For other address classes, the table lookup key is "@domain" as per:
http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_mailbox_maps

From: Sam Przyswa on
/dev/rob0 a �crit :
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:47:45AM +0100, Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to accept and send in a default mail adddress all the
>> mail rejected for User unknown ?
>>

> Commonly referred to as a "catchall address", this is a bad idea. It
> *will* be abused by spammers, and it must be monitored to be sure
> that small typoes do not cause lost mail.

Yes sure but we have antispam running (blacklists, postfix-policyd,
spamassassin)

> For local(8) delivery, see:
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#luser_relay
> For other address classes, the table lookup key is "@domain" as per: