From: Joaquin Abian on
On 14 mar, 20:35, Michael Rudolf <spamfres...(a)ch3ka.de> wrote:
> Am 14.03.2010 16:03, schrieb pyt...(a)bdurham.com:
>
> > Any reason you prefer PDB over WinPDB?
> >http://winpdb.org/
>
> Yes. I don't have Windows except one one PC :P

Sorry, i hit the wrong key. Again:
winpdb is crossplatform. It uses a wxwindows gui.
Names are not really fortunate...
I have installed the last winpdb 1.4.6 in SPE today.

atb
joaquin
From: Michael Rudolf on
Am 14.03.2010 21:08, schrieb python(a)bdurham.com:
>>> Any reason you prefer PDB over WinPDB?
>>> http://winpdb.org/
>> Yes. I don't have Windows except one one PC :P
> WinPDB runs on non-Windows platforms :)
Uh, OK.
Then the name mislead me ;)

But yeah, I prefer a console based debugger.
From: Steve Holden on
python(a)bdurham.com wrote:
>>> Any reason you prefer PDB over WinPDB?
>>> http://winpdb.org/
>
>> Yes. I don't have Windows except one one PC :P
>
> WinPDB runs on non-Windows platforms :)

One might reasonably argue that it has a pretty couter-intuitive name, then.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pycon.blip.tv/

From: Jean-Michel Pichavant on
Steve Holden wrote:

>>> Yes. I don't have Windows except one one PC :P
>>>
>> WinPDB runs on non-Windows platforms :)
>>

> One might reasonably argue that it has a pretty couter-intuitive name, then.
>
> regards
> Steve

'Win' may stand for Winner, not Windows :D

JM
From: Jean-Michel Pichavant on
vsoler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still learning python, thus developnig small scripts.
>
> Some of them consist only of the main module. While testing them
> (debugging) I sometimes want to stop the script at a certain point,
> with something like stop, break, end or something similar.
>
> What statement can I use?
>
> Vicente Soler

import bdb

pdb.set_trace() # put this line anywhere you want a breakpoint in your code.

type n for next, c for continue, s for step into and google for 'python
pdb' for the details.

JM