From: .Len B on
On some Access applications I have seen a Browse button.
When clicked, it brings up a variation of the File Open
dialog box.

I would like to incorporate a similar button into an app
I'm writing rather than have the user type a path and
filename.

I am assuming that the click event for the button calls
a Windows API with parms for Title Bar text and such.

I don't know what to search on to find more info.
Browse is obviously too vague.

Any keywords or links appreciated.

--
Len
remove nothing for valid email address.

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Have a look on this page
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/index.html

look at

Call Windows File Open/Save Dialog box
How to allow the user to select a file by calling the standard Windows File
Open/Save dialog

Call Windows Browse for Folder Dialog box

Retrieve the folder name that the user selected by calling the standard
Browse folder dialog

From: .Len B on
Thanks again Jeanette,
Looks like option 2 is what I need.
--
"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Have a look on this page
| http://www.mvps.org/access/api/index.html
|
| look at
|
| Call Windows File Open/Save Dialog box
| How to allow the user to select a file by calling the standard Windows
File
| Open/Save dialog
|
| Call Windows Browse for Folder Dialog box
|
| Retrieve the folder name that the user selected by calling the standard
| Browse folder dialog
|

| Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
|
| ".Len B" <gonehome(a)internode0.on0.net> wrote in message
| > On some Access applications I have seen a Browse button.
| > When clicked, it brings up a variation of the File Open
| > dialog box.
| >
| > I would like to incorporate a similar button into an app
| > I'm writing rather than have the user type a path and
| > filename.
| >
| > I am assuming that the click event for the button calls
| > a Windows API with parms for Title Bar text and such.
| >
| > I don't know what to search on to find more info.
| > Browse is obviously too vague.
| >
| > Any keywords or links appreciated.
| >
| > --
| > Len