From: Bengt Nilsson on
I know the wxWidgets support team is not using Metrowerks CodeWarrior
anymore, but maybe someone in the community could help me.

I am trying to build wxMac2.6.3 using CW8.3 on a PowerMac G5 with
MacOSX10.4.8, using the CW setting OS X Volume = /Developer/SDKs/
MacOSX10.3.9.sdk.

Apple apparently made some recent changes in MacOSX10.3.9sdk that
required the existence of mw_stdbool.h, mw_float.h, etc. to avoid
mixup with the gcc headers:

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/usr/include/stdbool.h:

/* This file is public domain. */
/* stdbool.h has moved to avoid accidental use with a non-GCC
compiler. Only GCC should have used stdbool.h due to licensing
restrictions. */
#ifdef __MWERKS__
#include "mw_stdbool.h"
#else
#error "This header only supports __MWERKS__."
#endif

Just changing the names to the required ones inside CW (I assumed
this was the thing to do?) fixed the 'file not found' errors, but
this came instead:

Error : preprocessor #error directive
(included from:
stdbool.h:6
MacTypes.h:23
Files.h:20
jmemsys.h:133
jmemmgr.c:31)
mw_stdbool.h line 16 #error You must have the non-MSL C header file
access path before the MSL access path

from the file <CW>/MSL/MSL:C/MSL_Common/Include/mw_stdbool.h:

#if !_MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS
#error You must have the non-MSL C header file access path before
the MSL access path
#else

Change the path order in the settings panel did not change anything,
or maybe there were too many combinations for me to test.

Looking at the definition of _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS in
ansi_prefix.mach.h:

#ifndef _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS
#define _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS 0
#endif

If I change to

#ifndef _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS
#define _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS 1
#endif

wxMac2.6.3 builds, but I feel that

1) it is probably changed in the wrong file and
2) I definitely don't know what I am doing.

Suggestions, anyone?
How can it be done properly?

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Jose' Cruanyes on

I'm using CW 8.3 with 2.6 but only with CFM builds (that are broken
in 2.7.x, may be I'll fill them someday but this is another story),
so I'm not having your problems, but it seems a include order problem

the problem is that somewhere before your mw_stdbool,
ansi_prefix.mach.h is included from a non mw file

I'd try to play with the files in the precompiled headers in order to
add the relevant std files in a clean way

Il giorno 06/nov/06, alle ore 20:04, Bengt Nilsson ha scritto:

> #ifndef _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS
> #define _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS 0
> #endif
>
> If I change to
>
> #ifndef _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS
> #define _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS 1
> #endif
>
> wxMac2.6.3 builds, but I feel that
>
> 1) it is probably changed in the wrong file and
> 2) I definitely don't know what I am doing.
>
> Suggestions, anyone?
> How can it be done properly?

Pax et Bonum

# dott. Jose' Cruanyes Aguilar - C.E. Soft srl
# Pzza. Firenze,4 MILANO - XX Settembre 10, CREMONA
# 02,33603122 0372,460602

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Bengt Nilsson on
Is the conclusion that it is correct to rename (or symlink, since CFM
still needs the old names) stdbool.h, float.h to mw_stdbool.h,
mw_float.h?

From: Jose' Cruanyes on

Il giorno 07/nov/06, alle ore 10:18, Bengt Nilsson ha scritto:

> Is the conclusion that it is correct to rename (or symlink, since
> CFM still needs the old names) stdbool.h, float.h to mw_stdbool.h,
> mw_float.h?

I would say yes...

From: Bengt Nilsson on
Do you know what is the actual meaning of this message:?

"mw_stdbool.h line 16 #error You must have the non-MSL C header
file access path before the MSL access path"

Is "the non-MSL C header file" referring to Metrowerks or Apple's
header system?