From: SaM on
I posted this previously in Worksheet function and realized it possibly
belongs here, so my apologies for the cross posting.

I have a form that I have created in excel and in one section of that form, I
want to be able to add a button that will add 5 more rows for that specific
section. The form is protected as there is some pretty heavy formulas and
direct links to databases that update info for the form, so of course users
cannot add rows themselves - is there a way to add a button that will allow
users to add more rows to the form?

--
Susan M.
Project Controls Data Coordinator
From: Dave Peterson on
Maybe you could give the user a macro that would copy the row above (including
any formulas).

If you want to try, start at David McRitchie's site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

You'll have to add something that unprotects the sheet near the beginning and
reprotects the sheet at the end.

SaM wrote:

> I posted this previously in Worksheet function and realized it possibly
> belongs here, so my apologies for the cross posting.
>
> I have a form that I have created in excel and in one section of that form, I
> want to be able to add a button that will add 5 more rows for that specific
> section. The form is protected as there is some pretty heavy formulas and
> direct links to databases that update info for the form, so of course users
> cannot add rows themselves - is there a way to add a button that will allow
> users to add more rows to the form?
>
> --
> Susan M.
> Project Controls Data Coordinator