From: shapper on
Hello,

I am saving some data on a XML file (txt, jpg, ...) in byte[] format
along with other information.
To avoid having a XML file to big can I create individual files for
that data?

I mean, when I insert some binary data on the XML file that data,
whatever it will be, would be saved in a file.
Then when I retrieve that node on the XML file I will get the byte[]
data from the individual file associated with that node.

I could have a Key value (Guid) on each node of XML file to reference
that individual file which filename could also be that Guid value. And
what would be this file extension?

Does this make sense?
Basically I would keep my XML file small by having the byte[]
data ...

Thanks,
Miguel

From: shapper on
On Feb 3, 1:35 pm, shapper <mdmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am saving some data on a XML file (txt, jpg, ...) in byte[] format
> along with other information.
> To avoid having a XML file to big can I create individual files for
> that data?
>
> I mean, when I insert some binary data on the XML file that data,
> whatever it will be, would be saved in a file.
> Then when I retrieve that node on the XML file I will get the byte[]
> data from the individual file associated with that node.
>
> I could have a Key value (Guid) on each node of XML file to reference
> that individual file which filename could also be that Guid value. And
> what would be this file extension?
>
> Does this make sense?
> Basically I would keep my XML file small by having the byte[]
> data  ...
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel

Sorry, I posted this thread on this forum by mistake.