From: red floyd on
On Apr 23, 5:32 pm, Scott Meyers <NeverR...(a)aristeia.com> wrote:
> It's fairly easy to get information about C++0x support in compilers like gcc and MSVC (see e.g., myhttp://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm), but I'm having trouble finding any information about C++0x support for compilers targeting
> embedded systems, e.g., compilers from vendors like Wind River and Green Hills. I'm especially interested in support for rvalue references, because that seems like a feature likely to yield benefits in the embedded domain.
>
> Does anybody have any information regarding the availability of support for rvalue references or other C++0x features in current or soon-to-be-released compilers aimed at the embedded market?

Wind River supports g++.

From: red floyd on
On Apr 27, 6:53 am, Scott Meyers <NeverR...(a)aristeia.com> wrote:
> red floyd wrote:
> > Wind River supports g++.

My apologies. I misstated.

Wind River *bundles* a *port* of g++ for a VxWorks target. I know
that at one point the bundled port was 3.0; I'm not sure what
version the currently bundled port is.

Again, my apologies for the misinformation.

From: John H. on
On Apr 23, 7:32 pm, Scott Meyers <NeverR...(a)aristeia.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have any information regarding the availability of support for rvalue references or other C++0x features in current or soon-to-be-released compilers aimed at the embedded market?

For the IAR compiler, it sounds like it is going to be awhile before
they support this.

From: Paulito on

> Wind River *bundles* a *port* of g++ for a VxWorks target. I know
> that at one point the bundled port was 3.0; I'm not sure what
> version the currently bundled port is.

VxWorks 6.7/Workbench 3.1 includes g++ for ARM, MIPS, Pentium,
PowerPC; --version shows

g++pentium (Wind River VxWorks G++ DWARF-EH 4.1-131) 4.1.2

They also bundle the Diab compiler, now re-branded as the Wind River
compiler, release 5.7.0.0.

Contact info from their website might be able to address their roadmap
for C++0x support; I haven't gotten around to asking them about it
yet.

- Paulito

From: Walter Bright on
Scott Meyers wrote:
> Does anybody have any information regarding the availability of support
> for rvalue references or other C++0x features in current or
> soon-to-be-released compilers aimed at the embedded market?

Digital Mars now has a page up with the status of C++0x support:

http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/CPP0x-Language-Implementation.html

Version 8.52 is in beta now.

Walter Bright
Digital Mars
free C, C++ and D programming language compilers
free Javascript engine under Boost license