From: Fabian Meyer on
Hi!

I got a C128DCR without keyboard. Can I use the one from my C128D ?

Thanks
Fabian
From: Vanessa Ezekowitz on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:38:51 +0100
Fabian Meyer <fmb(a)gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I got a C128DCR without keyboard. Can I use the one from my C128D ?
>
> Thanks
> Fabian

The C128-D (plastic case) uses the same mainboard as a flat C128, and I know that a C128-DCR keyboard will work on a flat C128 if you replace the mainboard's keyboard pin header with a proper female DB-25 connector (this is what I did with my C128 tower), so your proposed combination should work as well.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over. Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."

From: Fabian Meyer on

> The C128-D (plastic case) uses the same mainboard as a flat C128, and I know that a C128-DCR keyboard will work on a flat C128 if you replace the mainboard's keyboard pin header with a proper female DB-25 connector (this is what I did with my C128 tower), so your proposed combination should work as well.

Thanks for your answer. I took the little rest risk and plugged it in,
unaware if this C128DCR actually still runs.

Well, it took a loooong time (I think 5 seconds) - but then it started
up. And keyboard works 100%. :-)

Now it boots in normal one second... was this cause of all the
capacitors were fully empty?

Pages: 1
Prev: CCGMS Source Code
Next: Unknown Cartridge