From: polishedball on
Wondering what this show is usually like, do many people attend? Is
there much for sale, are tables available when you show up to demo
your stuff? http://www.c4expo.org/

From: RobertB on
On Apr 9, 5:54 pm, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Wondering what this show is usually like, do many people attend?

Yes, a good number of people attend that show.

>  Is there much for sale...

Plenty.

> are tables available when you show up to demo
> your stuff?

Yes, there are. What are you planning to demo?

Blockparty 2010 on April 16-18,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 CommVEx v6 2010 - http://www.commodore.ca/forum
and click on ComVEX
From: Jim Brain on
On 4/9/2010 7:54 PM, polishedball wrote:
> Wondering what this show is usually like, do many people attend? Is
> there much for sale, are tables available when you show up to demo
> your stuff? http://www.c4expo.org/

Around 40-60 folks attend throughout the event.

I'll be there, bringing goodies to sell and I'm sure something to demo.

The Canada contingent usually shows up (Joe, Leif, and the gang),
Louisville folks drop by, the Chitown (Jim, Eric, etc.) group heads
down, and some Ohio and IN folks usually make it.

As with ECCC and WoC, there's a soldering station usually manned for
mods and such, a free table, and vendor tables.

C4 is nice in that the room is available 24/7 from Friday afternoon
until Sunday evening. Since a lot of hacking/gaming/chatting/etc.
happens after dinner, it's nice to not stress about getting kicked out
of the room. There's a little after hours diner across the hall from
the expo room that serves hot food all night.

While there's usually places to demo, tables should be reserved in
advance, so the hotel can set up correctly.

Jim

From: polishedball on
On Apr 9, 9:27 pm, RobertB <rberna...(a)iglou.com> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 5:54 pm, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wondering what this show is usually like, do many people attend?
>
> Yes, a good number of people attend that show.
>
> >  Is there much for sale...
>
> Plenty.
>
> > are tables available when you show up to demo
> > your stuff?
>
> Yes, there are.  What are you planning to demo?
>
> Blockparty 2010 on April 16-18,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Grouphttp://videocam.net.au/fcug
> July 24-25 CommVEx v6 2010 -http://www.commodore.ca/forum
> and click on ComVEX

Not positive on a demo yet, been doing a lot of interfacing and
control on the PET some demo art as well. I also was able to get the
XS-1541 flashed to ieee2iec code and working. I believe you mentioned
an issue you had trying to do so, perhaps seeing it could help.

Also have an experiment with a C64 code DDR game using a roll out
mat. Similar to the guitar hero that is out there.

Not sure yet what will be completed in time, if anything and also
travel to bring stuff might be difficult if the family comes along.

From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 9, 7:54 pm, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Wondering what this show is usually like, do many people attend?  Is
> there much for sale, are tables available when you show up to demo
> your stuff?  http://www.c4expo.org/

Here are some pictures from last year's expo:

http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/c4-2009/c4-2009.html