From: Paul Förster on
Hi,

.... the schematics says, pin 8 of the C64 video port deliveres +5V.
Asking my multimeter confirms this. The handbook on the other hand says
that pin 8 is not connected.

Is that just a documentation error or are there C64 versions which
indeed have no connections on pin 8?

Just curious...
--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster(a)gmx.net

From: Markus Grob on
Paul F�rster schrieb:

> ... the schematics says, pin 8 of the C64 video port deliveres +5V.
> Asking my multimeter confirms this. The handbook on the other hand says
> that pin 8 is not connected.

I think, it comes from the C128, which have at 8 the +5V. Could be, that
some later C64 have there also +5V and earlier haven't.

Greetings from Switzerland, Markus
From: Paul Förster on
Hi Markus,

On 2009-12-18 00:10:32 +0100, Markus Grob <snoopy(a)ilnet.ch> said:
> I think, it comes from the C128, which have at 8 the +5V. Could be, that
> some later C64 have there also +5V and earlier haven't.
>
> Greetings from Switzerland, Markus

.... sounds weird because there is no reason to add a signal if it isn't used.
--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster(a)gmx.net

From: Markus Grob on
Paul F�rster schrieb:

>> I think, it comes from the C128, which have at 8 the +5V. Could be, that
>> some later C64 have there also +5V and earlier haven't.

> ... sounds weird because there is no reason to add a signal if it isn't used.

I have shown into the C128 book. On Chapter L2 it is written 40Sign
Video and 8 is +5V. On the next page L3, the same output is written with
Audio/Video and on pin 8, there is no connection.

I think, I have found in the net the description, that pin 8 is used for
higher video quality:

on german: http://www.c64-wiki.de/index.php/Audio-/Videobuchse

There it is said, that pin 8 isn't used on the C64. I think, they have
connected him, that it is the same like the C128.

Greetings from Switzerland, Markus
From: Paul Förster on
Hi Markus,

On 2009-12-18 23:42:14 +0100, Markus Grob <snoopy(a)ilnet.ch> said:
> I have shown into the C128 book. On Chapter L2 it is written 40Sign
> Video and 8 is +5V. On the next page L3, the same output is written with
> Audio/Video and on pin 8, there is no connection.
>
> I think, I have found in the net the description, that pin 8 is used for
> higher video quality:
>
> on german: http://www.c64-wiki.de/index.php/Audio-/Videobuchse
>
> There it is said, that pin 8 isn't used on the C64. I think, they have
> connected him, that it is the same like the C128.
>
> Greetings from Switzerland, Markus

.... hey, that was a very informative link. Thanks very much for this
description. :-)

Btw., where in Switzerland do you actually live. I live a little north
of Solothurn in Balm bei G�nsberg.
--
cul8er

Paul