From: M.O.B. i L. on
Is there a C64-emulator for Linux (Eeebuntu, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian). I
looked at VICE but I couldn't find any binaries. VICE is also not
available in the distribution for Eeebuntu.

I've tried to run the Windows-version (WinVICE) using Wine in Linux but
it didn't work -- probably because of DirectX.

I did try an Apple II-emulator for Windows (AppleWin) that worked using
Wine in Linux.
From: Somebody on
Il 06/07/2010 18.22, M.O.B. i L. ha scritto:

> Is there a C64-emulator for Linux (Eeebuntu, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian).
Yes

> looked at VICE but I couldn't find any binaries.
Compile the sources.
And, anyway, you haven't looked hard enough. In Ubuntu, there are
different levels of packages: the normal, supported ones, the universe
(not officially supported by Canonical but by the community) and the
multiverse (not free). And, guess what ?
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/v/vice/ , that's what.
Probably you just forgot to enable the multiverse.

Why not free? Probably because of the roms, but that's only a guess.

From: Andreas Kohlbach on
Somebody wrote on 07. July 2010:

> Il 06/07/2010 18.22, M.O.B. i L. ha scritto:
>
>> Is there a C64-emulator for Linux (Eeebuntu, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian).
> Yes

>> looked at VICE but I couldn't find any binaries.
> Compile the sources.

No need. As far as I understand he just doesn't know the names of the
binaries. So needs to know "x64" or "x128".
--
Andreas
My Commodore 64 classic game music page at