From: samz on
Hi
I am new to DSP kit and we are implementing our final year degree project
on the DSK. DSP kit is little indian by default and we have to interface it
with AD9220 (ADC) with Bit 12 (LSB) and Bit 1(MSB). There are 32 data pins
in the EMIF of C6713, from data pin 0 to data pin 31.
However i am very much confused about which one is the MSB of the DSK. How
should we connect the ADC with the DSk.

Secondly the three LEDs on the DSK that used to blink once you switch on
the DSK, are no more blinking they just stay off and i think because of
that my program does not BUILD properly. Is there any way it can be
corrected??

Help will be highly appreciated.
Regards
samz

From: Tim Wescott on
On 07/03/2010 11:30 AM, samz wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to DSP kit and we are implementing our final year degree project
> on the DSK. DSP kit is little indian by default and we have to interface it
> with AD9220 (ADC) with Bit 12 (LSB) and Bit 1(MSB). There are 32 data pins
> in the EMIF of C6713, from data pin 0 to data pin 31.
> However i am very much confused about which one is the MSB of the DSK. How
> should we connect the ADC with the DSk.

(1): RTFM (Read the fine manual). Trace the schematic of the DSK, and
read the data sheet or user's guide for the processor. If all else
fails, see if you can do an experiment to find out where the bits lie
before you hook up the ADC -- or make sure to connect the ADC in such a
way that it can be reworked easily. If you're laying out a board, the
easiest way to do this is to make sure that each trace from the ADC to
DSK has two vias on it -- then if you have to, you can cut the traces
between the vias and put in a dozen little green wires.

> Secondly the three LEDs on the DSK that used to blink once you switch on
> the DSK, are no more blinking they just stay off and i think because of
> that my program does not BUILD properly. Is there any way it can be
> corrected??

Build your program correctly and load it. Most of those things come
with a demo program (or many) pre built -- try loading one of those, and
see if things get better. If it loads and works, then loading is OK.
Then try to build it from source, and load it. If it loads and works,
then building is OK. Then move on to your own code.

I have sometimes built entire prototype software bases on some demo
program, to get early success pending figuring out just what the stupid
tools were doing to my code.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services