From: bigfletch8 on
On Dec 24, 11:28 pm, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
>      CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE AFTERLIFE
>
> Copyright:  George Hammond 2009

Copy wrong.

Afterlife is the ultimate oxymoron.

Life is life. A caterpillar is alive, as is a butterfly, so is one of
Hammonds organs.

Try putting your attention on consciousness. Thats where you will get
your evidence. Once you do, the only people you will be able to prove
it to, are those who have also become conscious of that reality,
which, logically, need no proof.

BOfL

From: George Hammond on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:36:45 -0800 (PST), "Dr. HotSalt"
<alien8752(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> � � �CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE AFTERLIFE
>>
>> Copyright: �George Hammond 2009
>>
>> � �As I've said many times before my best estimate of the
>> probability of life after death is only about 30%. �In
>> short, it is more likely that there is no such thing as a
>> literal afterlife. �I have to keep constantly reminding
>> myself of that as I forge ahead into microtubule research.
>

>[Mark L. Fergerson]
> In another post you mention a short lifetime for microtubules. Cite
>please?

[Hammond]
No problem, see:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cytochemistry.net/cell-biology/microt3.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.cytochemistry.net/cell-biology/microtubule_intro.htm&h=384&w=331&sz=35&tbnid=z8O-iSuibMA3KM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3DKinesin%2Band%2Bdynein&hl=en&usg=__NOKbJm9y_0M7dS1Lk-NzOi0N-f4=&ei=7BUvS8H1LMaZlAeV-KGoBw&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image&ved=0CB4Q9QEwBg

Half way down the page under MICROTUBULE FORMATION you will
find the following statement:

"Dynamic instability: Microtubules may vary in their rate
of assembly and disassembly. Tubulin half life is nearly a
full day, however, THE HALF LIFE OF A GIVEN MICROTUBULE MAY
BE ONLY 10 MINUTES. Thus, they are in a continued state of
flux. This is believed to respond to the needs of the cell
and is called "dynamic instability". Furthermore, there are
regulatory processes that appear to control this in a cell.
Microtubule growth would be promoted in a dividing or moving
cell. However, microtubule growth would be more controlled
in a stable, polarized cell.
One way to regulate further growth would be to put a GTP cap
on the growing end of a microtubule to regulate further
growth. This happens when the tubulin molecules are added
faster than the GTP can be hydrolyzed. This causes the
microtubule to become stable and not depolymerize. "
GEORGE HAMMOND'S PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
Primary site
http://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/george_hammond
Mirror site
http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com
HAMMOND FOLK SONG by Casey Bennetto
http://interrobang.jwgh.org/songs/hammond.mp3
=======================================
From: George Hammond on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:59:19 -0800 (PST),
"bigfletch8(a)gmail.com" <bigfletch8(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 24, 11:28�pm, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
>> � � �CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE AFTERLIFE
>>
>> Copyright: �George Hammond 2009
>>
>Copy wrong.
>
>Afterlife is the ultimate oxymoron.

[Hammond]
That's what you think. A PhD in Physics is more likely an
oxymoron.

From: Harbinger on
On 24 Dec, 23:09, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:59:19 -0800 (PST),
>
> "bigflet...(a)gmail.com" <bigflet...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Dec 24, 11:28 pm, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> >>      CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE AFTERLIFE
>
> >> Copyright:  George Hammond 2009
>
> >Copy wrong.
>
> >Afterlife is the ultimate oxymoron.
>
> [Hammond]
> That's what you think.  A PhD in Physics is more likely an
> oxymoron.
>
> >BOfL

> GEORGE  HAMMOND'S PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
>                       Primary sitehttp://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/george_hammond
>                       Mirror site
>      http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com
>      HAMMOND FOLK SONG by Casey Bennetto
>      http://interrobang.jwgh.org/songs/hammond.mp3
> =======================================

The main difficulty with the thesis is lack of evidence. OBE's happen,
though, so I keep an open mind. My late friend, John Turner, a genuis
if ever there were one, engaged in research into LCD systems, had an
OBE whilst walking two Amsterdam Phillips collegues to the canteen for
lunch, across a bleak quad in an ugly part of London - Croydon. Ugh!
For maybe five or six seconds, he found himself looking down upon all
three, yet was conscious of engaging in conversation with the other
two in a chatty manner. He said, ''The experience changed my life,
John!'
--
Yrs,
John.
From: Geopelia on

"Harbinger" <jhnguiney058(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
On 24 Dec, 23:09, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:59:19 -0800 (PST),
>
> "bigflet...(a)gmail.com" <bigflet...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Dec 24, 11:28 pm, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> >> CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE AFTERLIFE
>
> >> Copyright: George Hammond 2009
>
> >Copy wrong.
>
> >Afterlife is the ultimate oxymoron.
>
> [Hammond]
> That's what you think. A PhD in Physics is more likely an
> oxymoron.
>
> >BOfL

> GEORGE HAMMOND'S PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
> Primary sitehttp://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/george_hammond
> Mirror site
> http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com
> HAMMOND FOLK SONG by Casey Bennetto
> http://interrobang.jwgh.org/songs/hammond.mp3
> =======================================

The main difficulty with the thesis is lack of evidence. OBE's happen,
though, so I keep an open mind. My late friend, John Turner, a genuis
if ever there were one, engaged in research into LCD systems, had an
OBE whilst walking two Amsterdam Phillips collegues to the canteen for
lunch, across a bleak quad in an ugly part of London - Croydon. Ugh!
For maybe five or six seconds, he found himself looking down upon all
three, yet was conscious of engaging in conversation with the other
two in a chatty manner. He said, ''The experience changed my life,
John!'
--------------
That often happens to me. I see my hands moving and hear my voice speaking,
but it doesn't seem to have much to do with me.
I look down at myself, too. And my fingers type odd stuff on the keyboard.
Like a Ouija board, I suppose.

I don't think there is anything supernatural about it, just the brain having
a bit of a hiccup.
Perhaps it's those pesky microtubules.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11