From: WebDev on
I am attempting to loop trough a txt file and loop the entries into a
database. The file is delimited by a pipe '|' but when I attempt it, I get:

Incorrect number of columns in row.
Verify the number of columns specified in the columns attribute and in the
target file

The error occurred in wwwroot\test.cfm Line 3

Line 3 being the cfhttpparam type="Header" name="TE", but if I remove it, I
get an error in the main CFHTTP line (1).

After googling for a while I found a site that mentions that if the file has
a carriage return, you can get this error. Is there a way to remove the
carriage return or am I missing something else. Below is my code for the
CFHTTP.

<cfhttp name="Property"
url="http://www.bpoprosonline.com/assets/property/idxrs082607.txt"
delimiter="|" method="get">
<cfhttpparam type="Header" name="Accept-Encoding" value="deflate;q=0">
<cfhttpparam type="Header" name="TE" value="deflate;q=0">
</cfhttp>

If you want to see the file, you can use the URL link above to link to my
sample txt file.

Thanks.

--
Wally Kolcz
MyNextPet.org

From: ALAKAN on
Wally,
I faced a similar problem while reading a text file using Python language it
has something with the encoding format.Once I changed to "utf-8" character mode
to read the file it was solved. Try reading the file in utf-8 format or set the
mimetype to text/html using the cfhttpparam.

I exactly don't know how to do using CFML but its certainly some problem with
encoding of file.

Thx
AL

From: WebDev on
I also tried this and got the same error:

<cfhttpparam type="FILE" name="idxrs082607.txt"
file="E:\webs\bpoprosonline.com\assets\property" mimetype="text/html"/>

From: WebDev on
Does anyone know how to do that. I have been trying now for about 20 minutes
and I keep getting errors.

I tried:
<cfhttpparam type="FILE" name="file"
file="E:\webs\bpoprosonline.com\assets\property\idxrs082607.txt"
mimetype="text/html"/>

But I get that the file specified cannot be found, even though I have tested
it many times.

From: WebDev on
I figured out my own stupidity on that one, but when I added the cfhttpparam
and pointed it to the file, I then got the error:

Incorrect number of columns in row.
Verify the number of columns specified in the columns attribute and in the
target file

How can I get CF to ignore the other columns and only show use the ones I
want or can't it?