From: mm on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:03:48 -0800 (PST), Jose <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>A shortcut to Event Viewer is to click Start, Run and in the box
>enter:
>
>%SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc

If it's in the system32 folder, isn't all you have to do enter
eventvwr.msc ?

From: Jose on
On Feb 19, 3:20 pm, mm <NOPSAMmm2...(a)bigfoot.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:03:48 -0800 (PST), Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >A shortcut to Event Viewer is to click Start, Run and in the box
> >enter:
>
> >%SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc
>
> If it's in the system32 folder, isn't all you have to do enter
>    eventvwr.msc  ?
>

> >Click OK to launch the Event Viewer.

That will work - most of the time, but if you encounter a situation
where it doesn't and you have to figure out why it doesn't, that is
just more messages back and forth and more time.

I generally try not to work with "ifs" (or maybe, might be, could be,
probably or try).

I find it best to go with the operations that have the greatest
probability of working the first time in most environments.
From: Jose on
On Feb 19, 4:12 pm, Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 3:20 pm, mm <NOPSAMmm2...(a)bigfoot.com> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:03:48 -0800 (PST), Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >A shortcut to Event Viewer is to click Start, Run and in the box
> > >enter:
>
> > >%SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc
>
> > If it's in the system32 folder, isn't all you have to do enter
> >    eventvwr.msc  ?
>
> > >Click OK to launch the Event Viewer.
>
> That will work - most of the time, but if you encounter a situation
> where it doesn't and you have to figure out why it doesn't, that is
> just more messages back and forth and more time.
>
> I generally try not to work with "ifs" (or maybe, might be, could be,
> probably or try).
>
> I find it best to go with the operations that have the greatest
> probability of working the first time in most environments.

....forgot: "should work" and "might work".
From: John John - MVP on
mm wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:03:48 -0800 (PST), Jose <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A shortcut to Event Viewer is to click Start, Run and in the box
>> enter:
>>
>> %SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc
>
> If it's in the system32 folder, isn't all you have to do enter
> eventvwr.msc ?

Yes. If it doesn't work with the simple eventvwr.msc command it means
that the eventvwr.msc file is not in its proper location or that the
Path variable is missing entries. If the path variable is missing
entries it needs to be repaired as many other things might not work
properly.

John